Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 10:31:21 PM EDT
The "shortage" is not that bad and it is only temporary... It's still not that hard to get your hands on reasonably priced 7.62x39.  I schooled some guy at the gunshow trying to justify selling his 1,000 rounds of wolf for 175.00.... He was talking to someone who was obviously new to aks/sks because they seemed ready to buy and were eating the bullshit he was feeding.  He said bulk 7.62x39 is never coming back.. And when and if it ever does it will be priced even higher than what he is selling for.  I interupted their conversation and said he was wrong and the shortage was only temporary and if you really want to, you can still get your hands on cheap bulk 7.62x39.  Either go to gander mountain and buy it by the 20 round box for $2.49, or you can even get a little bit better of a deal than that if you don't mind waiting a little while to order from sportsmanguide for 100 dollars for the same thing he was selling for 175.  Im sure he wanted to put all 1,000 of those rounds that should have been gold plated for the price he was selling them in my head, but I hate seeing people get ripped off because they dont know any better.  Have you ever been taken on something at one point or another by buying something that you weren't very familiar with??.. I know I have many times, and I really would have wished someone like me would have stepped in and warned me that I was being ripped off.

In fact, just recently I was saved from being ripped off on a k31 ammo order.. I was about to pay sportsmanguide price of 190.00 for 480 rounds, when they had the exact same thing at dansammo.com for 159.00 PLUS 10 FREE CHARGER CLIPS, and sportsmansguide sells those seperately at 6 for 20 dollars.. So what I got from dansammo for 160 plus shipping, would have cost me approximately 220 dollars plus shipping if you added the price of the free charger clips I got.  Man was I thankful to the guy who told me a better place to buy.  All because it was my first time buying k31 ammo, and I didn't know any better.  I just assumed sportsmanguide was one of the cheapest places to get anything from because their bulk 7.62x39 is some of the cheapest ive seen.  But I ALMOST learned the hard way that they are not the cheapest when it comes to everything by a long shot and some of their stuff is actually ridiculously priced.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for U man. Nothing worse then a lying gun dealer. What was the sellers reaction after the facts?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
There was a dealer like that here that I ran into. He had a crate of 1200 rds of 7.62x39 for sale.  I asled how much and he said he would "let it go" for $250!  I just about told him he was out of his freaking mind.  He told me you can't get it anywhere anymore and even if it was comming  back later on this year it would be really expensive.   I just walked off to the table accross the room.  Another dealer there had 500 rds of wolf.  I payed him $60 for it.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to repeat an old quote but, "Don't assume shit.  It makes an ass of you."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not to repeat an old quote but, "Don't assume shit.  It makes an ass of you."

NO it makes a ASS out of U and me, Ass-u-me
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top