Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:27:55 PM EDT
picked up two crates 1200 rds each of norinco, upon opening i found one contains red boxed lead core, the other crate contains white bow soft point, ..i'm doing a trade for the stuff. the trade is some bodywork.  i fiqure that its worth around 400 for the 2400 rounds??   or did i blow it?  thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
According to supply & demand, you probably didn't do too bad. In the past 6 weeks I have looked hard for M43 (762x39) and only through serious time and effort (and gas) have I succeeded in aquiring several cases worth of various Russian manufactured ball.

What I did find was averaging 14-15 cents a round, and it appears your deal would be about 16.6 cents a round. But weigh that with the fact that their isn't any Norinco ammo being brought in the country anymore. I would say you've done ok.

I don't like spending 150 a case compared to the 80 a case I knew, but what good is my rifle without ammo?

16 cents a round may soon look like a steal if the supply is not replenished, and/or the value of the dollar continues to drop which makes the price of all consumer goods rise.

If neither happens, the ammo will still go bang.

Don't fret it, just be glad you got some ammo.

"All that the South has ever desired was the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth."

-Robert E. Lee, General, CSA

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top