Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2006 4:53:00 PM EDT
my local gun shop told me the us govt has bought up most of the wolf and is shipping it to iraq for the iraqi army.  any thruth to this?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost all the local dealers where I live are out of and having problems getting Wolf 7.62X39. Vendors at gun shows still seem to have plenty, because they often buy it by the pallet.

I've also heard rumors that the US Gov't is buying up AK parts and ammo to equip the Iraqi army/police.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I'll be the first.........

Then again, what do I know?

I am sure all the gun shops get the memo 'bout this stuff!!

Travis

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]

This is just a lame rumor, and a convienient excuse at that.  The popularity of the AK and the round it fires has skyrockeded since the expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban.  Therefore its simple supply and demand.  We shoot it faster than they can produce it.  Plus it is also due to the limited production time that comercial brands get on russian arsenal manufacturing lines which is where this ammo comes from.  Not private production lines like in the U.S.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The U.N. is outbidding all the U.S. importers.

pulls tinfoil tighter
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top