Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:24:58 PM EDT
*gunz4me steps on his soapbox* I don't know about you guys, but today I became seriously down about the ammo shortage and I actually considered dumping my Norinco MAK-90 and SKS due to the fact that plinker ammo seems too few and far between.  How in the heck did this happen?  I remember years ago, it seemed like they were giving this stuff away.  Now 7.62x39mm ammo is just about as hard to find as Bin Laden. When you can find it, the dealers that have it are price gouging or those who claim to have it are backordered for months.  What gives?*gun4me steps off soapbox*
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
think of all the money you're saving by not buying any!  just kidding....

it will be available again, and when it is... "buy it cheap, stack it deep"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

<snip>

"buy it cheap, stack it deep"

I heard that saying before
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just sold 27 cases of barnaul to an out of town gun store.  

You just got to know where to look sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

"buy it cheap, stack it deep"

I heard that saying before

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When you can find it, the dealers that have it are price gouging

Every time I hear this "price gouging" bullshit I have to laugh, it's simply a matter of supply and demand in a free market economy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
You're depressed?? After a couple of years of wanting an AK, I finally bought my first one last weekend. Dumb ass me thought, what a great buy. Decent price for the rifle and ammo is stupid cheap and available.  WRONG!!!   I have been searching high an low at my local gun stores and none is available and every website I go to is out or has the stuff back ordered.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When you can find it, the dealers that have it are price gouging

Every time I hear this "price gouging" bullshit I have to laugh, it's simply a matter of supply and demand in a free market economy.

Ammoman, when he has it, charges about $150 or so for a 1,000 round case of Wolf delivered to your door.

One of the last gunshows had a dealer who was charging $270 for 1,000 rounds of the crappy lacquer Wolf while telling people that it will never be imported again so buy it up now.  That is what I consider price gouging at its best!  I was thinking $270 for plinking ammo, give me a GD break.  I will just shoot my AR-15s until more 7.62x39 becomes available.  I refuse to tap into my remaining stash of Norinco Steel Core for plinking!  

Also, I know that Monarch ammo can be found at certain places for real cheap, but that ammo is dirty as all get out.  I never saw my AK or SKS get so dirty until I shot that crap.  Likewise, I never spent so much time cleaning my AK or SKS until I shot that crap!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
*gunz4me steps on his soapbox* I don't know about you guys, but today I became seriously down about the ammo shortage and I actually considered dumping my Norinco MAK-90 and SKS due to the fact that plinker ammo seems too few and far between.  How in the heck did this happen?  I remember years ago, it seemed like they were giving this stuff away.  Now 7.62x39mm ammo is just about as hard to find as Bin Laden. When you can find it, the dealers that have it are price gouging or those who claim to have it are backordered for months.  What gives?*gun4me steps off soapbox*

Dear Depressed,

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=54&t=82236
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dear Depressed,

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=54&t=82236

Thanks for cheering me up!

EDIT:  Even Happier.  I went by Academy looking for some .223, and what did I see before me, a couple of cases of Monarch ammo, mfg by Barnaul, sitting on the shelves.  It was 2.88/box, so I grabbed 600 rounds to plink with.  Yeah, I complained that it was dirty, BUT, that was not a bad price to have ammo in my hands right there on the spot!  That only amounts to $144 for 1,000, so I will not complain!  Depression OVER
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You're depressed?? After a couple of years of wanting an AK, I finally bought my first one last weekend. Dumb ass me thought, what a great buy. Decent price for the rifle and ammo is stupid cheap and available.  WRONG!!!   I have been searching high an low at my local gun stores and none is available and every website I go to is out or has the stuff back ordered.

Roger that! +1000!!  I got my first one last weekend too ( AK74)and have been going through the same thing.  5.45x39 is harder to find than hen's teeth!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]
When it comes in again, really stock up to hold you over til the inevitable slow period is over. 5k - 10k rds isn't out of line.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top