Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:38:52 PM EDT
It's well known that this stuff is WAY more spendy than Wolf, but is there any advantages to having some around?  I know it is reloadable, but is that all?  Is it any more accurate?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy only UMC (Remington) x39 ammo as I prefer to reload all of my ammo for all of my weapons. Think of the advantages in an extended SHTF situation...gonna lug six cases of Wolf around with you?!

The Winchester White Box stuff is quite prone to slamfires in SKS rifles and is no more accurate than surplus ammo; I believe this might be an issue in AK's as well though probably not to the same extent.

I use CCI 150 and 250 mag primers for the .223/7.62x39/.308 when they are to be used in a semi rifle with anunspringed firing pin, but I'd use CCI #34 and #41 if I could get them locally as they are true Mil-Spec components.

Best regards,

Eric
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, is any of the US made 7.62x39 worth the high price in terms of accuracy?  I saw some Winchester in a black box on SG, I think I may be a few boxes to give it a try come payday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a chance to buy a bunch, about 800 rds at $5 box/20, passed it up, wanted it mainly for the brass.  The brass is one of the best.  RP brass has small rifle primers, only 762x39 rd I know of that does.  PMC brass all has crimped primer pockets, the WWB doesnt
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Reloading is something that only moderately interests me at this point, I don't have the space needed (live in the barracks).  I might start up when I move home this year, so maybe I'll stock up some on WWB in the meantime.

Also, are there any "premium" 7.62x39 rounds available that justify the price?  I've been happy with Wolf so far but getting it seems to be a PITA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Think of the advantages in an extended SHTF situation...gonna lug six cases of Wolf around with you?!

Are you gonna lug around 100+ lbs. of reloading dies and equippment, primers, powder (so one tracer can make you a human bomb), bullets, sealant, lube, and take the time to lovingly pick up each piece of your brass fired hastily at the enemy?

And then, under the stress of battle, properly reload hundreds of rounds ammo while being hunted by the enemy?

I'll stick with lugging Wolf.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I won't be lugging anything around. I will just be picking up all my ammo needs from dead ak47.com members.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I won't be lugging anything around. I will just be picking up all my ammo needs from dead ak47.com members.

Whew! Lucky for me I am a jobrelatedstuff.com member and not an ak47.com member!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top