Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:08:16 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what is going on with the total lack of availability of 7.62x39 ammo.  Anyway if anyone can give me some info that would be great.  thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#1]
what shortage?  I have bought 1400 rds of 7.62x39 for less then 100/1000 since this shortage came in effect.  didn't have to wait for more then two weeks for my ammo to be delievered.  just order some and wait for it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
WAR
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hugo Chavez.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hugo Chavez.

I was thinking the same thing...
If I remember correctly, he is buying a 100,000 7.62x39 AKs (not sure if they are AK-47's, AKMs, AK-103s, or AK-104s) and a mass quantity of ammo to be used with them. This would be a good reason for the shortage
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking for an answer also. There is a shortage of wolf up here in the north. The last guy I talked to said he ordered a 100 cases and they will only send 25, the rest will have to wait to summer.

"This guy at the gun shop said" they are sending it to the sand box for the Rags new police force. This made no sense to me. I don't know why we would ship a assload of ammo to the U.S. just to send it to the ME. Why not just send if from china or russia direct?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
well as someone who is in the military i can tell you if it sounds like a good idea they usually dont do it
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hugo Chavez.

I was thinking the same thing...
If I remember correctly, he is buying a 100,000 7.62x39 AKs (not sure if they are AK-47's, AKMs, AK-103s, or AK-104s) and a mass quantity of ammo to be used with them. This would be a good reason for the shortage hr

They're 103s. http://www.mosnews.com/money/2005/05/18/venezuelarifles.shtml

I think the ongoing war in Iraq is the most significant factor, my understanding is that most of the ammo that was in Iraq was unreliable crap and is being destroyed, to be replaced by imported ammo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Its the US high command's stupidity.

Go in. Capture weapons and ammo. Destroy said weapons and ammo.

After forming new police force and military, spend millions of dollars buying new ammo and guns that are the same ones you wasted time and gas destroying.

Remember the piles of burning weapons? Alot of AK rifles, many in VG condition (some pics may still be on dragunov.net). So we destroy the AK rifles, and then... buy the same types of guns! The difference here is that we have to pay now.

The US could have gotten rich if they expanded the NFA to allow a few new full autos in, as well as turning the rest of the guns into parts kits and also redistributing/selling the ammo and mags in the US.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
well as someone who is in the military i can tell you if it sounds like a good idea they usually dont do it

same goes for law enforcement. Course, most of the leaders used to be military.

GR
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Any opinions about the price going up further or will it stay where it is or drop back down?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Any opinions about the price going up further or will it stay where it is or drop back down?

well if the makers have been paying attetion to the market then they wil jack it way up,  1000 rounds of wolf is going for nealry 200 bucks on gunbroker and the buyers are lining up, so you do the math.

200 bucks for wolf??? get real...................
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Its the US high command's stupidity.

Go in. Capture weapons and ammo. Destroy said weapons and ammo.

After forming new police force and military, spend millions of dollars buying new ammo and guns that are the same ones you wasted time and gas destroying.

Remember the piles of burning weapons? Alot of AK rifles, many in VG condition (some pics may still be on dragunov.net). So we destroy the AK rifles, and then... buy the same types of guns! The difference here is that we have to pay now.

The US could have gotten rich if they expanded the NFA to allow a few new full autos in, as well as turning the rest of the guns into parts kits and also redistributing/selling the ammo and mags in the US.

Because no enemy has EVER considered booby trapping weapons and ordnance before retreating, and it's unheard of for unsecured/un-used enemy weapons to be re-acquired by the enemy for use against your forces...
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top