Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:45:53 AM EDT
It is TCW ammunition, which I take to mean Tula Cartridge works, after looking at the sites linked on other threads. Headstamp is "3" and "96". red laquer coating. It is hollowpoint ammo, L.C.B, which I take to mean lead core bullet.

THey also have a .223 56 grain, LCB non corrosive ammo.

Both calibers of ammo is $2.99 a box of 20.  Both boxes have "non corrosive ammo" on them.

Has anyone shot this? Is it worth it or is it crap?

The 7.62x39 ammo box looks similar to the second one on the left in the photo.

Link to page ammo pic.  came from:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/ak_rifle_ammo.htm

Thanks,

GR
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That is Russian ammo, 96 probably being the production date. Ususally anything with mil style headstamps is corrosive, but 96 production... seems unlikely. I had some ammo like that that was late 80's production, but it had no sealant and was corrosive.

It should be good shooting, but $3 a box is a little high... its nice ammo but nothing special. Talk to the guy and see if he will give you a bulk discount or something.

EDIT: Do you mean red laquer sealant or red laquer casing? If the case is red and not green laquer then it isn't like what I had before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It is TCW ammunition, which I take to mean Tula Cartridge works, after looking at the sites linked on other threads. Headstamp is "3" and "96". red laquer coating. It is hollowpoint ammo, L.C.B, which I take to mean lead core bullet.

THey also have a .223 56 grain, LCB non corrosive ammo.

Both calibers of ammo is $2.99 a box of 20.  Both boxes have "non corrosive ammo" on them.

Has anyone shot this? Is it worth it or is it crap?

The 7.62x39 ammo box looks similar to the second one on the left in the photo.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/Russian__ammo_boxes-1.jpg

Link to page ammo pic.  came from:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/ak_rifle_ammo.htm

Thanks,

GR

I've shot alot of the TCW HP in my time.  Never had a problem with it.  Oh for the dollar a box days.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The "3" in the headstamp is the number code for Ulyanovsk not Tula. The "96" is the year of production 1996.
It is very strange that ammo made by Ulyanovsk would be in boxes marked TCW.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top