Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:44:15 PM EDT
Re: Can you tell me what the deal is with the Russians not shipping ammo - I cant find any 7.62 x 39 anywhere.

Apparently the Russians are 'consumed' (overwhelmed) by supplying both sides in Iraq & Afghanistan with 7.62 x 39mm ammo.

The U.S. alone (Halliburton bids - sent bid proposals for...) bought over 24 million rounds for the Iraqi Army itself, not to mention how many millions of rounds that Russia is selling to Osama & his boys!

The last we heard, was that some ammo for U.S. 'retail consumption' was to arrive here shortly (?) after the first of the year???

I guess when it finally hits the US, I am going to get atleast 5000 rds. to put back.
I have 2000 rds. ordered from Sportsman guide. Called today, they said it was due in 12/26?
I called Cabela's, same story. I went ahead and placed an order for 3000 rds.   I can cancel if I find it local before hand. That is if I find it at a fair price.
Isn't it strange that Russia is selling 7.62 to the US for the Iraqi army and selling it to Osama and the Iraqi insergents to fight the US???
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What do they care? If they sell weapons to both sides, they make twice as much money...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
We ( USA ) have realy no real friends in the real world. Just a bunch of leeches. I think the Brits and Canada, and Aussies are normally on the up and up for the large country group. Im sure there are some small country that are up and up also. But many, are just players in this cold world of CHESS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty fucking sad
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like they are giving it away to the Mujahideen in Chechnya

This is what they claim to have taken, so might be less...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Awaiting calls from ARFCommers to "boycott!" Wolf ammo...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]
This all sounds good until you wonder how much "SURPLUS" already made ammo is avaliable in the Esatern Block..................you know the Russians have millions, and millions of rounds all over the place. How many of you remember early 1994 ammo was $235 a case 1,000 Russian HP only.
I think supplies will return to normal this summer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Now lets see about the answer you got.  Russia has a much larger war machine than the US, so lets look at production.  I live about 5 miles from Lake City and the word is that they are using about 11% of the availiable production.  I was told that they will produce over 6 billion rounds of ammo this year.  If my calculations are correct it would take Lake City about 15 days to produce 24 million rounds.  If the Russian production is larger with 4 or more plants producing small arms ammo then there is no problem even with US government orders.  There must be some other reasons!  If you are interested take a look at my last post on The Real Word on Barnual Ammo.
Good Luck,
Sparky1
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top