Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2005 9:57:12 AM EDT
Has anyone used KY Imports for ammo and if so, what kind of feedback can you provide?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you deal in person, total asses IMHO. They are known for bait and switch of both firearms and ammo. They charge a restock fee for any return even if defective. Do not let the big SGN ads fool you, they are scum. Go elsewhere.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered some mags from them a few years back.  They never shipped but they charged my credit card.  I emailed them several times and called a couple trying to get them to ship or refund me.  Finally, I had to dispute the charge on the credit card and then I got an email from them saying they were sorry for the trouble.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Also had bad experiences with them. Avoid at all costs. About the only companies worse than them are "Forest"; big magazine seller in SGN, and Botach.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks folks.  I will go with three out of three.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't comment on the mail order side but I've been to their store a few times. Everytime I went they have been nice and more or less helpfull. I had no idea that their mail order was so terrible.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't comment on the mail order side but I've been to their store a few times. Everytime I went they have been nice and more or less helpfull. I had no idea that their mail order was so terrible.

Not a uncommon statement when dealing with these people. They are a paper tiger in that if you are out of state and not local, they will be inclined to screw you. An old Army buddy of mine lived in TN and got fucked of a bait and switch of a rifle order. He ordered what he thought was a HI-CAP Romy rifle as advertised and was sent a LOW-CAP model. Was more or less told to pound sand and get fucked. He made a road trip one day and went to them in person after stoping in with the local LEO's first to explain what he was gonna do to get resolution. When he went in with the shadow of the local LEO's hanging outside, they (KY IMPORTS) pissed their panties and bent over backwards to make it right. Took his rifle back and agreed to ship the correct rifle to his FFL for transfer. They gave him some ammo to make up for his gas money and all was well. Bunch of pussy when in person.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unless you deal in person, total asses IMHO. They are known for bait and switch of both firearms and ammo. They charge a restock fee for any return even if defective. Do not let the big SGN ads fool you, they are scum. Go elsewhere.

Hootbro

All theses posts are right on this! The above is the situation I had with them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I emailed them about buying a large quanity of ammo. no reply. no business. damn if I'm going to beg someone to spend my money. If they don't want email business, it would be very easy to say so on the web page.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top