Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/2/2005 4:45:02 PM EDT
Sportsmans guide is now showing their 1k FMJ at 12/14/05, but their .5k at 1/31/06! Can somebody get a definite answer from wolf?

We need to know why we are being left without ammo. I don't want to buy a new AK then find myself without any ammo.

They said late November , BS. Now they will tell us December , probably more BS to follow.

We have no idea why no ammo is getting here. Is it really that hard to get a tracking number for a BOAT!!!?

Another thing, if the ammo is not getting to us, then who else is getting it?

Has wolf just stopped entirely?

Somebody (read: dealers)  get on the phone and find out what's up!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
We know exactly why ammo isn't getting here, the U.S. military has placed an enromous contract with Wolf for 7.62x39 ammo, and they that is sucking up all the ammo supply.  All the ammo is going to Iraq for the new Iraqi military. It is the exact same thing that happened with 5.56x45 about eight months ago, teh U.S. military started letting contracts for it and sucked up all the available production.

Wolf is probably having a hard time keeping up (and making more money per round off Uncle Sugar than Joe Cilivian) so we get the short end of the stick. I am sure they will catch up eventually, it just will take some time.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's pretty much what the Russian ammo distributors are saying. There was a shipment expected to reach our shores early this month. You can believe if we were paying $89 per thousand, this Uncle Sugar will pay $189 per thousand, of your money
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
At least Sportsmans guide is getting ammo in.  I had some on back order a month ago, then it shipped and it's in the closet.  They're just not getting as much as they'd like, and we're all backordering it for when it arrives.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I received my order - 4000rd Wolf 5.45 from Sportsmasguide last week
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Chavez bought 100,000 AKM's and who knows how much ammo.

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/20056612810.asp
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We know exactly why ammo isn't getting here... All the ammo is going to Iraq... It is the exact same thing that happened with 5.56x45 about eight months ago, teh U.S. military started letting contracts for it and sucked up all the available production.

Sucked up is right. Especially when it takes 900,000 rounds of small caliber ammunition to kill each insurgent.

http://vdare.com/roberts/050919_fanaticism.htm
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Plenty of Winchester, remington and federal 7.62x39mm. There is ammo available - we are all just spoiled w/ cheap imported ammo. Face it, you just do not want to pay the price.

Now the poor souls who shoot 5.45mm will be in a real bind if THAT supply dries up.

Don't get me started on that terrorist Chavez.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Those cans in storage are looking better than ever now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah, that's pretty much what the Russian ammo distributors are saying. There was a shipment expected to reach our shores early this month. You can believe if we were paying $89 per thousand, this Uncle Sugar will pay $189 per thousand, of your money

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!  The Govt. purchasing person isn't paying it out of HER bank account.  She calls 3 russian factories for a quotation for 10,000,000 rounds.

The russians then get on the phone with each other and agree on what the price will be - $199.00/thousand.  They all send back similar quotes and ALL share some delicioius black russian caviar al la U.S.A.

Vs. Joe Blow importer calls the three russian companies and says "I need a price quote for 10,000 rounds.  Give me your best price or screw it, I'll get some South African shit.

"Sure Yankee Comrade"  quotes him $75.00/thousand.    
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!  The Govt. purchasing person isn't paying it out of HER bank account.  She calls 3 russian factories for a quotation for 10,000,000 rounds.

The russians then get on the phone with each other and agree on what the price will be - $199.00/thousand.  They all send back similar quotes and ALL share some delicioius black russian caviar al la U.S.A.

Vs. Joe Blow importer calls the three russian companies and says "I need a price quote for 10,000 rounds.  Give me your best price or screw it, I'll get some South African shit.

"Sure Yankee Comrade"  quotes him $75.00/thousand.    

Before all you anti-gov type start spouting off about the gov wasting your money, let's see some concrete numbers.  You guys just throw numbers out there and they sometimes have a way of becomming "facts" on the internet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Before all you anti-gov type start spouting off about the gov wasting your money, let's see some concrete numbers.  You guys just throw numbers out there and they sometimes have a way of becomming "facts" on the internet.

Internet and facts tend to be mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Internet and facts tend to be mutually exclusive.

lol
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
A guy at SG is now saying the 1K ordered in late Nov. and supposed to ship out this week will be delayed till Dec. 30th. If they push it back again after that......

I had to go to Dunhams today and pick up some boxes at $2.50 each + 5.5% tax just to get me by.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I tried to order some 7.62x39 from SOG a couple of days ago and was told that they didn't have a single round of that caliber in stock.  The salesman said that the Russian Army is sucking up.  I don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess i'd better snap up the 40 or so 500 rd cases that are sitting here in Seward of Barnaul SP for $50 a box while I can still get it....

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We know exactly why ammo isn't getting here, the U.S. military has placed an enromous contract with Wolf for 7.62x39 ammo, and they that is sucking up all the ammo supply.  All the ammo is going to Iraq for the new Iraqi military. It is the exact same thing that happened with 5.56x45 about eight months ago, teh U.S. military started letting contracts for it and sucked up all the available production.

Wolf is probably having a hard time keeping up (and making more money per round off Uncle Sugar than Joe Cilivian) so we get the short end of the stick. I am sure they will catch up eventually, it just will take some time.

They dont necessarily make more money per round, usualy with military contrcts its volume that makes them the money not price.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Ammoman has Wolf in stock.  7.62x39 at $139 per thousand and 5.45X39 at $149 per thousand, delivered.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Today I bought 1k rds of 7.62x39FMJ for $119 after tax at the gun show.  The dealer had multiple cases left but told me prices were increasing by $20 soon.  WTF over?
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top