Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 5:16:06 AM EDT
I was looking to possibly get some 7.62x39 as I'm running a bit low.  All I do is plink with this ammo with my Ak and SKS'.  I normally just shoot wolf but I saw that ammoman has some other brass cased ammo for about the same price.

One of his ads showed ammo on strippers which would be nice for the SKS.  However, it didn't say if the rounds were corrosive or not.

One of the other ads showed ammo in battlepacks.  Looks like a good deal and listed as Non-corrosive but are these the unknown ammo sourse, mystry battlepacks everyone was talking about?

Then I saw he had some "white tiped target ammo" for really cheap.  Cheaper then wolf.  Is this ammo corrosive and what's the deal with the white tip target ammo anyway?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The brass cased on strippers is Yugoslavian, and is corrosive.  There is also some corrosive Yugo in boxes, but all come in sealed cans and crates.

The plastic battlepacks are the unknown stuff, but IIRC it's tested noncorrosive.  It's also newer production than the Yugo if the stamps are to be believed.

The white-tip target ammo is for short range practice.  It's corrosive too.

Check out the Cabelas Wolf HP thread.. There's an item number that will get you 1k rounds for $75+s/h.  I just ordered last night so it's still good.  I think it came out to about $91 to the door with .50 cal cans.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top