Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/4/2005 11:37:19 AM EDT
Ammunitionstore.com has Russian, Polish, Albanian, and Warsaw Pact 7.63x54r, 147gr for the same price, but which is better than the other?  Or are they all pretty much the same?  Is Czech silvertip better than any of them?  If you had to choose, which would you pick?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks RS39.  I understand and should have specified the type of rifle.  This is for the PSL I just purchased.  I am going to see if it shoots well before I have it refinished.  I have some Czech silver tip local, but he wants 5.00 a box.  The Polish seems a better deal, but is it better ammo?  Accuracy?  Wear on the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

7.62x54r.net has a nifty ammo eval section

Looks like Russian/Czech/Polish are the better LPS rounds per this site.  Polish it is (since they haven't gotten the Czech stuff in yet).

If you might hunt with it, add a few boxes of S&B 180gr SP to the astore order. Better bullet than Russian sp, darned stout load, just get a buffer for the Romy semi and use sparingly.

I had thought about it.  Seems that coyote is in year 'round season here now with no limits on caliber/mag size/etc per local Rangers.  Wonder what this round could do to a coyote?    If I can get any kind of accuracy out of this thing, then I just might use it for deer season coming up.  BTW, will a buffer help with accuracy any?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top