Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 11:20:54 PM EDT
I lost the old posting, but I found the results saved in Word, so here they are a year later and with a few edits.

These were 5 shot groups at 50 yards with iron sights. The flyers may have been me, the rifles, or the ammo.

After these types of results I gave up on 5 shot groups at 50 yards as being a reliable indication of accuracy and went to 10 shot groups at 100 yards with a scope for more reliable results. I still need to reshoot these at 100 yards.  Some of you may remember the Arsenal M5 was replaced after a later test led to its demise and me taking up pistol shooting for a while.  

Now here's what I got last year:

Federal XM193 Lot 032
VEPR – 1" group.
Arsenal – 1" inch group if one flyer is disregarded, 3 1/3" if flyer included.  I fired two more targets.  A 2 ½" group and a 3 ¾" group resulted, with no identifiable flyers.  

WinchesterQ3131A, Lot T632
VEPR – 1 ½" group if flyer disregarded, 2 ¾ if included.
Arsenal – 2 ½" group if flyer disregarded, 2 ¾ if included.

Federal American Eagle 55gr FMJ Boat Tail. Box dated 1996.
VEPR – 1" group if two flyers disregarded. 1 ¾ group if one flyer included, 3" if both included.
Arsenal – ¾" group if two flyers (?) disregarded. 1 ¾" group if one flyer included, 3 1/2" if both included.

Hornady 75gr BTHP Lot 030092
VEPR – 1 ½" group if flyer disregarded, 2 ¼" group if one flyer included.
Arsenal – 1 ¾" group if flyer disregarded, 2" group if one flyer included.

Here is the best target from the test. I need to check if this is reproducible on demand:

VEPR 50 yards 2003

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top