Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 3:41:47 PM EDT
Ran across several hundred rounds of steel core 7.62X39 ammo. It is in green 20 round boxes marked "Exported  By, China Jing An Equipment Imp/Exp Corp., 7.62x39MM Ammunition, Non-Corrosive." The cases are marked with a 31 over 92 on the rim. I thought that all of the Chinese steel core was corrosive? Any ideas of the current value?

Thanks,

Larry
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it's steel core? I haven't seen any Chinese ammo dated 92 that was steel core.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#2]
VA-gunnut,

Yes, it's steel core for sure. I pulled a bullet and ground it in half on my bench grinder.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the ammo id page of my web pages for steel core info. Factory 31 ammo with lead core bullets will have a green case mouth sealer. If the case mouth sealer is red it is steel core.mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/ak_rifle_ammo.htm
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
JA545,

Thanks for the link, great info.

Larry
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top