Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/19/2003 4:35:35 PM EDT
Does there exist such a thing as real high-grade Gringo (or Finnish; hell, I don't care) 5.45 X 39?

My ORF/Bulgie shoots pretty darn okey-dokey with Barnaul and an Aimpoint. However, my curiosity is killing me. I'd love to slide a scope on the gun, fuel it up with some high-octane ammo and see what it'll really do. I have this gnawing suspicion that it may out shoot my neeto-keeno, gyro-stabilized, satellite-uplinked 16" AR.

Thanks to all.

SD
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Find some RWS Dynamit Nobel 5.45. I bought some about 3 years ago and still about half a box. Wee better than Barnaul in my limited experience, and priced like Black Hills. More likely to turn a 2" group than a 2 1/2" group.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Find some RWS Dynamit Nobel 5.45. I bought some about 3 years ago and still about half a box. Wee better than Barnaul in my limited experience, and priced like Black Hills. More likely to turn a 2" group than a 2 1/2" group.

Got any idea where I can locate some?

Thanks much.

SD
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, mine was from a dealer with some 5.45 E Ger bolt guns for sale. BUt that ammo brand is stocked by some .22 fanatics so you may find a lead there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Interordnance had some that was on the dealer only page. It wasnt chaep.

Wait untill the small arms review show in Dec and look for some then.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait untill the small arms review show in Dec and look for some then.

Good thinking. I'll slide on down to the fairgrounds and see what I can russle up.

Thanks.

SD
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Century Arms (http://www.centuryarms.com) have some made by Dynamit Nobel. 1980’s production.
50 rounds for $26.35.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
ITAK:

I looked all over their site but couldn't find it. Is it buried in their "Dealers Only" section?

Thanks kindly.

SD
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top