Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/8/2003 5:01:30 PM EDT
i was at a gun show today and some vender told me that wolf is garbage because its corrosive, i proceeded to tell him it isn't corrosive. he then told me that the laquer coating will melt and build up in the chamber and make the gun useless. he actually had 2 uppers totally caked up with laquer from wolf.

i doubt this could happen or could it?

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
<sigh>  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Wolf is not corrosive. It has filthy powder, but that does give it any corrosive properties.

In some AR rifles, the laquer has caused some problems, but the rifle would never shoot long enough to become as built up in the chamber as he described. Most other Russian ammo has the same coating, but noone ever sems to complain to much about that for some reason.

If he is talking about an AK. He is just plain full of shit.

For the most part, he is just full of shit, even if it were to build up in his chamber that badly, why would he buy a second upper and do the same thing a second time?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The wolf problem in the AR's was caused by the neck sealant.

You can't melt the lacqure wiht a blowtorch, it's been tried!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i was at a gun show today and some vender told me that wolf is garbage because its corrosive, i proceeded to tell him it isn't corrosive. he then told me that the laquer coating will melt and build up in the chamber and make the gun useless. he actually had 2 uppers totally caked up with laquer from wolf.

i doubt this could happen or could it?

Let me guess!   He was selling something besides wolf?
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top