Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2014 6:02:26 PM EDT
For Hornady 5.45 steel ammo, I was wondering what kind of accuracy you get in your rig.

Today I was sighting in 104FR at 50 yard.  After shooting bunch of surplus 5.45, I switched to Hornady.
Group at 50 yard was so bad, I stopped after 10 rounds, thinking continue to shoot is just waste.
Spread was over 6 inches at that distance.

So obviously my 104FR does not like Hornady at all.

I wonder if Hornady made this ammo for 5.45 AR15 platform?

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
In my Vepr 5.45 Hornady improved my groups by about half an MOA. Silver Bear was about 2.5, Hornady about 2.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I will concur that it is good ammo-in my SLR 105R Bulgarian it shoots close to POA/POI and will do 2MOA or better-the Silver Bear is on par in this rifle and will shoot that good or better
Now in my SGL-31 it shoots high and right from POA/POI but will get close to 2MOA as well-this is with a red dot el-cheapo Primary Arms on a Ultimak on both rifles
It is good expanding ammo-see some You-Tube testing from Mrgunsngear and it loooks nice in gel.  It is honestly the only game in town for USA ammo in this caliber
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just about to start a thread about this very subject and found this one. I shot some Hornady 60gr V-Max today in my Bulgarian 74 and I thought I was seeing things. This is the first of this ammo I have shot and had high hopes for it, but today's groups were dismal. Everything else shot fine, even the 70gr Wolf stuff, but this stuff was all over the place. 6" to 8" groups. Maybe it will shoot better in another 74. I measured a bullet diameter at the case mouth and it was .217 diameter. I was thinking it should be like .221
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top