Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 7:31:47 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting some of the yugo ammo from aim. I've only heard good things about it but, I know some of it is from the 70's. So how long is  it good for. If i were to sotre it what is its shelf life?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That corrosive-primed ammo will still go bang for a long time after anybody reading this post will still be able to pull a trigger. If the sealed crate/tin is undamaged and you store it in moderate conditions it will be GTG. I am still shooting 8mm Turk that was made before WWII (dated 1937). I average 1% - 2% failure rate with that stuff.

Non-corrosive primed ammo will last just as long if you avoid extremes during storage.

On the other hand, I have seen some 50s dated corrosive Equadorean 8mm in which one lot would shoot fine and another would be a 90% failure to fire but I suspect that had more to due with the manufacture of the ammo and not the age.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top