Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:47:06 PM EDT
I have a few hundred rounds of Lapua 7.62x39 I need to sell to get more 5.45x39.  It is brass cased, boxer primed, reloadable, and very accurate.  It isn't imported any more and is not sold anywhere so I can't get a price.  What is a fair price on this stuff these days?
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
are you finding 5.45 Brass and if so were at
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
are you finding 5.45 Brass and if so were at

No, the Lapua is brass cased.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a few hundred rounds of Lapua 7.62x39 I need to sell to get more 5.45x39.  It is brass cased, boxer primed, reloadable, and very accurate.  It isn't imported any more and is not sold anywhere so I can't get a price.  What is a fair price on this stuff these days?

Last place I know that had this ammo was Graf's and they were selling it for $30 per box of thirty.  Keep in mind that Graf's pays the shipping on all orders.
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Its usually available on Gunbroker cheaper than the dealers, so you could look there to see if any of it has sold lately and use the selling price for a reference.
Link Posted: 8/22/2009 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time i bought it a 30-round box of 125Gn Lapua Mega Spire Point was $7.99 a box.  Just shot some this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well prior to this thread starting a week and a half ago, this ammo had been selling for $35 & $36 a box (Midway, etc.).  I'd had an unopened case for a LONG time (maybe mid 90's) that I decided to sell and free up some $ just about the same time SOG put theirs up for sale.  I found this thread while trying to find a comparable price too.  SOG's deal was an absolute steal for anyone who got in on it. Hell, I came here to sell a case of it, and almost bought a few cases of it .  They did leave a ton of $ on the table and completely whored out the market for anyone trying to unload some of their personal stuff.  I see it selling on GB and other auction for $22-$30 a box.  Don't know if it's moving at those prices.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Exactly $7.49 per box of 30 rounds.  https://www.southernohiogun.com/index.php/new-arrivals/sako-7-62x39-ammo-1.html

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That ammo from SOG was Berdan primed (not reloadable).  Are the labels on your boxes an orangish color or gold?
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top