Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:48:37 PM EDT
Maybe you more experienced ammo buyers can help me out on this one. I placed my first order for ammo from out of state on the phone today from Cope's Distributing.

All my other ammo purchases have been either from local stores or at gun shows.

I thought that ammo, like other products being shipped, had a shipping rate commensurate to the amount purchased. In other words, let's say I bought 1k and the shipping for that was $30. I would assume that adding additional quantities to the same order would make the rate slightly lower, like maybe $25/k, as you are already making a delivery to that address and are just adding additional weight. I am making up those figures, but hopefully you follow my point.

I was surprised, then, to find out that if I ordered 1k or 5k, the rate to ship was still going to be $31/k. Is this normal? I'm not familiar with ammo shipping, as I already stated, but shipping any other product, the more you ship, the lower the cost per pound goes. The weight of 5k of 7.62x39 is approximately 195 lbs. The cost for shipping it is $155. Does that seem right? It seems kind of high to me.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I see. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if this is a better deal for you,price includes shipping.  They may give you a discount on a larger quantity.

ammo-connection.com/index.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Only $1 cheaper...thanks though!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top