Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 11:26:26 AM EDT
I bent two pin punches trying to get the firing pin retaining pin out.  Any suggestions?  
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you remove the "shepherd's hook" (the sping steel wire gizeewdiget) and un-couple the hammer spring first?

SD
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I replaced my hook with an RSA retainer plate along time ago.  

I'm actually trying to remove the retaining pin for the firing pin in the bolt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you made sure that the notch for the retaining hook/plate is nto hanging up on the receiver after the pin moves about 1/8"
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not trying to remove the hammer or trigger pins.  I'm trying to disassemble the bolt (i.e. the firing pin and extractor).
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, the firing pin retaining pin is tapered so it only goes in and out one way, look at both ends, one end should be wider than the other.  Also the firing pin retainer must come out before the extractor retainer comes out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top