BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2003 2:37:00 PM EDT
i did it once.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I do everytime.  But then again, Ive always believed that clean guns are happy guns as long as you make them dirty again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I clean mine, even though I realize I don't have to.

We try to leave this forum empty (cause it gives the AR guys fits).
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No it dont
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No it dont

Don't deny the Dark Side. You know you are a AK person, you are just in denial.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats only because all that commie propaganda has people convinced they have to worry about how they clean their ARs.

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I cleaned my SAR-1 as soon as I brought it home. It's a habit I have, always clean a new gun. It's a good way to get introduced to the piece and inspect it.

Now I've got 200rds through it and it's sitting in the safe. And one of these days I'm going to find my small punch and take the bolt apart to clean it. But not the rest of the gun. Added some CLP the first time, don't really know when I may lube it again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one AK (SAM-7S) and eight ARs. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have one AK (SAM-7S) and eight ARs. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around.

Go here and remedy that problem.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]
unfortunately for me, my girlfriend loves hoopes and cleans her ak all the time....I tell her to keep her clean little hands off of mine....
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
All my cheap eastern bloc whores get cleaned after I use them!!!!cheap supplies too, kerosene for cleaning, and axle grease and Mobil 1 synthetic for lubeing.......
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I must be crazy then. I take my rifle totaly apart and clean every singe piece as soon as I get home every time I shoot.  It takes me an hour to clean every rifle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#13]
i clean my mak90, aka asianthug47, every time i use it.  i even clean it when i just don't feel like driving 2 hours to the range to shoot, so i just take it apart and clean it. i also play with it everyday after work.

my belief is a that a clean gun is nicer to have than a dirty gun.  in addition, i love and respect this gun too much to let it look like a taliban's second-hand gun.

i usually run a patch with 3 drops of oil before driving 2 hours back home.  after 3 trips with the patch, i put 7 drops of oil down the barrel.  the purpose is to loosen the powder residue to make the cleaning easier when i am finally home.  i may not clean it the same night, so it is nice to have some protection in the mean time.

i think the gun will be just fine if i don't clean it.  i also think it is almost impossible to shoot the gun out of commission.  even with no rifling left, ak47 will still serve its purpose of CQB.  i just clean my gun because i like doing it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I clean EVERYTHING w/in a day of getting home.  We don't live in a combat situation ....yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]
i own a mak 90 there close and its so easy to feild strip why not clean it i do from time to time
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
 A rifle made to carry in Hell should be ready to go there.  Why not baby her when you can?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:40:28 AM EDT
[#17]
i baby all my guns.  i spend money on them, so it is normal to take care of them.  would anyone spend 400 bucks on a set of afgan gi gear (clothes, boot, and goggle) and dont wash it because it was made for war?  better yet, anyone so rich that they ball up a bunch of 50 dollars bills in their booty shorts and don't care if the money get torn up beyond usage?

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All my cheap eastern bloc whores get cleaned after I use them!!!!cheap supplies too, kerosene for cleaning, and axle grease and Mobil 1 synthetic for lubeing.......

i just assume you haven't called your gun that.  bad bad boy.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I belong to the AK OCD crowd. I clean it every 6 months! (ie, every 5,000 rounds)

I second the notion that I wish I owned more AKs than ARs but that's just not the case.  So I find myself in AR15.com...Funny how things work out.

ARs for Life.  AKs for Death!

Sly

(Edited to tone things down a bit...)
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top