Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2009 7:26:39 AM EDT
Just picked up a BNIB m70ab2 yugo underfolder and I am eager to take it to the range.  I have researched and found tapco makes a tool to adjust the front sight, sort of like a c clamp.  I was wondering if anyone has any at home simple tool remedies to this specialty tool, so I can make it to the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The elevation adjust can be done with the screwdriver from the rifle tools. For windage, a c-clamp and socket will do.

Manual has adjustment info- how much front sight movement = how much group adjustment at 100m.

http://www.box.net/shared/cu2djae1zb

BSW
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, a C-clamp will work.  I used a nut with mine, but a socket is also a good idea.  But be careful, I broke one of the C-clamps while making an adjustment.  And if you've not moved the pin before, you may want to use a hammer and a punch to start with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, a C-clamp will work.  I used a nut with mine, but a socket is also a good idea.  But be careful, I broke one of the C-clamps while making an adjustment.  And if you've not moved the pin before, you may want to use a hammer and a punch to start with.

And/or, cover the FSB liberally with Kroil, PB Blaster, or Liquid Wrench.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to buy just one adjustment tool in you're lifetime, go to polytechparts.com and purchase their heavy duty sight adjustment tool for the AK.

I've had one for years and it's never failed me.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top