Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2007 4:42:41 PM EDT
Ok AK folks, tell this new-be what I need in the way of spare parts. I keep spares for most of my fire arms.  Firing pins, extractors and springs etc.  
I have a Yugo under-folder which has quickly become my favorite gun.  I don't want to get to the range and have something go bad or break and I don't have a replacement. With 700 rounds through it so far there has not been a hiccup or skipped beat so maybe I don't need anything?  This thing is built solidly, and all the parts seem stout, but I like to be prepared.
Also, do any/all AK parts fit my Yugo?
I sure enjoy this site and thank you all in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
AK's were specifically designed to NOT break, and most live up to that.

For "just in case" parts, I'd recommend:
Firing pin.
Firing pin retaining pin.
Extractor.
Extractor spring.  (More a risk of loss then breaking).
Extractor retaining pin.

Unless defective from the get-go, there's really not much else that ever breaks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
AK's were specifically designed to NOT break, and most live up to that.

For "just in case" parts, I'd recommend:
Firing pin.
Firing pin retaining pin.
Extractor.
Extractor spring.  (More a risk of loss then breaking).
Extractor retaining pin.

Unless defective from the get-go, there's really not much else that ever breaks.

Agreed.  Those small parts get an amazing amount of abuse thrown their way.  Hence... they have the shortest service life of any of the parts (extractor assembly mostly).  I carry the same for my AR15 (as well as an ejector seembly and gas rings, JIC).  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
just get a spare bolt assembly (or 2), a spare FCG, and a spare recoil spring, and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all three for the help.  I think I now have an idea what to get.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top