Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:52:46 PM EDT
have a romy G kit on a NDS-3 receiver and the bolt rides over the first round in a full mag.

if the round is on the left it rides over, on the right and it will strip it every time.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
hey southern boy,whats up
check your vertical play(up and down movement) with the mag,sounds like ya need to adjust the mag fit.when ya go to shoot,hold the mag with your hand pulled tight towards you,if it shoots fine that way then you need to adjust mag fit
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
yea, if the mag is real loose, you can extend the mag catch (disassemble johnny 5 and add weld, and dremmel to fit)

if there is no "play" you can put the receiver upside down (and rest the rails on something like a anvil), put bar stock on the TG rivets, and beat them to squash the receiver "upwards" to raise the mag.  The receiver will flair slightly at the rivets.

I always check to see how the bolt hits the rounds, make sure there is enough bolt-cartridge interferance, to strip a round. the old OOW receivers had a BAD problem with that, I got in the habbit of "pounding" them to get the mag to ride higher. works great. I didn't think NDS had that problem...but I haven't dealt with them yet (except for a couple yugo builds)

The other sollution is best used BEFORE assembly, that is to grind down a seriouse amount of selector stop. But I never do it that way.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
PS

since it is only on one side. check to see if the mag guide rails are not forcing the mag to be crooked.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top