Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 5:05:21 PM EDT
Has anybody used them? How are they? Problems?  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
need mo info.

100% receivers? NDS-3 receivers are da bomb.  I just noticed there is a recommendation to not use the Tapco G2 single hook trigger with them.  I don't know why, mine works fine with the G2 (after I installed the disconnector spring).  

80% bent receivers? I dunno.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to build more than 2 or 3. Bending them yourself is the way to go. Its not that hard. You dont have all the FFL hassle. And after number 2 or 3 the jig has paid for itself. Expecially if you buy my receiver jig on equiptmen exchange board
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not used the Bentmetal but I have used the ColdSteel ones several times and am happy with the quality. The ColdSteels have all the stampings in them. all you need to finish them is a Dremel tool, some files, a drill motor or drill press and drills/reams. Much cheeper than a bending jig and press, But each-to-his-own.
Remember you do have to weld in the lower rails and harden them also.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top