Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/9/2007 10:26:29 AM EDT
Romy G kit built on an AK-builder flat, finished with flat black norrells, and custom mixed metallic pink furniture.

Link Posted: 4/9/2007 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, for a pink rifle...  Now its just time to teach some trigger control.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
she'll learn.  I was also muzzle swept more times than I can count.  Luckily there was no ammo nearby.  She has formal training scheduled for next weekend.

The color combo on the rifle came out much better than I expected.  The pics really dont do it justice.  It's almost bad ass, but then again, it's pink...
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
looks good! ...along the same lines I've been thinking about making a pink cammo AK for my wife...just so that people would look at her like at the range
If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for furniture and paint?
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
that is some sexy stuff. Wish my g/f would take up shooting if I slapped some pink acccessories on my rifles
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
the furniture is Romanian laminate.  I cut off the vertical grip, sanded to 220, then applied a primer/filler and sanded to 400.  The paint is automotive paint.  PPG Omni single stage Urethane over a white base.  I dont know how it will hold up to heat, we'll see.

The color matches her cell phone.  The guys at the paint shop gave me loads of shit about trying to match an AK to a cell phone, but were more than helpful and we worked for quite some time to get the color just right.  The results are excellent and worth the ribbing that I took.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
This may sound wrong, but that actually looks better than most wood-finish AKs I've ever seen.

Pink aint my thing, but that one looks good enough where I'd consider owning an AK.
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I think that it looks great, I would like one to perhaps persuade the wife to be more interested in this hobby.
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Heck, I look for a woman who likes shooting! It's right up there with cooking and cleaning. My dearly departed tolerated my gun zeal. Once while I was practicing out back, she asked if she could "pop off a few". I handed her the weapon, and she proceeded to place the remainder of the mag in the black. Okay, beginner's luck crossed my mind. I added shooting to her list of abilities after that.

Slightly off topic, while viewing pictures of WWII warships, I noticed some dressed in pink! It seems pink has camoflauge characteristics. Who-da thunk it?

Nice AK!

buckmeister
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks very good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
OMG.... I'M BLIND !!!!

That's wrong on so many levels but strangely appealing
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:22:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it's great, no not that it's pink but your able to get her interested in shooting. Who cares what color it is, if it was your son and he wanted a blue rifle you'd build it. Just get the kids interested in firearms, who knows how many more generations will be able to enjoy this sport/hobby.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:47:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Have the Mags Powder Coated Pink. Tat way she cant steel your mags...
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
it looks great! as long as she is handling it....dont let the guys at the range see ya w/ it  just kidding man

hey if it works roll with it!!!! think i might try something along those lines to get my wife into it....if they support u its that much easier
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#15]
THat rifle actually looks good; the pink paintjob makes the furniture look really smooth; all it needs not is a matching pink sling a pink chest rig and she'll be out hunting boyfriends.

LOL, J/K. Nice work
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think it's great, no not that it's pink but your able to get her interested in shooting. Who cares what color it is, if it was your son and he wanted a blue rifle you'd build it. Just get the kids interested in firearms, who knows how many more generations will be able to enjoy this sport/hobby.

This is exactly why I did this project.  Not only did it add another female shooter to the ranks, but it had two other side effects.  Yesterday, her husband asked me about helping him build an AR, and my wife liked the pink AK so much, she asked me to make her one, but in green.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Having recently been brought to the darkside myself (by one Sunday at the range with the evil black rifle) I'm not digging the pink..Way too girlie for this chick!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#18]
It looks nice, but tell the truth - what ever it takes to add a new AK to the inventory - right .
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#19]
That's awsome!  My wife says all (her) accessories must be pink.

Maybe that's how I can get her a gun.

The black Sig 228 I bought her wasn't pink, that's why she didn't like it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#20]
 Those are great the purists heads are spinning right now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#21]
hows the paint hold up to the bbl heat ?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top