Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 3:24:57 PM EDT
Not the kit from K-VAR, has anyone done this successfully? Here's what I'm thinking.

1. Build an AMDish metal lower handguard to house the repositioned trigger, trigger guard, grip and SKS style trigger safety.

2. Run the trigger linkage (made of thin keystock or drill rod) down the outside, right side of the receiver.

3. Hide the trigger linkage under a full length tactical rail.

I sent my paperwork out to build an SBR last week so I probably have a month to fine tune this before the tax stamp comes back.

Comment or suggestions anyone?????

Conundrum
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Search the other gun forums. Several have bullpuped AK's. Keep the trigger linkage inside the receiver; there's plenty of room. Some have used cables; others, guitar wire. The main concern with trigger/grip location is length of pull (the distance from shoulder to trigger) and interference with mag insertion or removal. The AMD handguard is a viable alternative. I have several links bookmarked, available via email.

buckmeister
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to gunco.net, then forums, then build it yourself, then the second ak link down, I think it says show off your work or something like that.  About midway down that page (right now) is a series titled bullpup and let me tell you it looks good...  I'm thinking of doing it this month.

Or here's the link
http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29769
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, It's a thing of beauty. I believe it's the one that has a 17" length of pull. which is a bit much for me. If the stock were shortened a tad (3"), it would be tolerable. There are tantalizing pictures of his trigger linkage too(first generation, though). These are do-able. I wish someone would do a step-by-step DIY.

buckmeister

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top