Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 12:25:23 PM EDT
A building buddy of mine was pushing out a barrel when the bolt slipped through what ever he was using to protect the barrel. It peened the edge into the chamber mouth. I tried to drop a round in but the "swell" kept it from seating properly. It needs to go in about another 1/8"

How would be the best way to remove the "burr" as we will call it. I was thinking chamber reamer but this is a chrome lined barrel. I'm amazed it dented the way it did. It didn't seem to get that hard of a hit.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I did this on a Yugo underfolder.  Was using a 3/8 extension which went through my pennies and iinto the chamber. Ended up doing surgery. Filled in the low spots with my mig and used my dremel to hit the high spots. Took the better part of the day to get it right. Rounds fit perfect now and the rifle shoots like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep - - - Dremel Time  ! !

But remember - - - it's a lot easier to remove metal than to add it  ! ! !

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top