Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 3:13:48 AM EDT
Well, thanks to getit and AK Nut at the DFW build party, Chris' Romy is ready to paint.
They used the Brownells Baking Laqueur, and it looked great. Is there anywhere else I can get the same stuff, or similar, without paying as much for shipping as I paid for the paint?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
What colors are you looking for

IM me
later
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about something similar to Guncoat/Moly resin, Go to moly resin.  They are cheaper than Guncoat by a few dollars as they include shipping in the price.  I just picked up a quart of Socom flat black for $50.00 they have pints available as well..

John P..
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The Duracoats in
later
freeflow
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for MolyResin. I like the semi-gloss black.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Moly resin is great.  I used to use gunkote, but now use molyresin.  So far I have only used the semi-gloss black.  Great looking color.  I have ordered some gloss black, but I have not gotten it yet to try it out and see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry I meant to say the Shipment of Duracoat is ready for pick up...
Later freeflow
Long live TEXAS
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I just placed an order for some semi gloss.
Do you guys have any suggestions for an air brush maybe HF?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The HF airbrush will work.  I've used one and it's fine.  When they're on sale they go for only $5.  I do prefer my Badger 350 (I think) to the HF but like I said, the HF will work just fine.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top