Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:54:33 AM EDT
Title says it all. I'm looking for a Yugo M70 fixed-stock parts kit, with an excellent bore ($250 or so)

I'm having issues with the current place I have an order with, which is a pity as they came so highly recommended. They took my order over the phone two weeks ago, Monday, and said everything would ship out the following Tuesday. Two days later I call to confirm that everything is good and to get a tracking number, and I find out that the order was not shipped. The lady on the phone said "the parts kit guys are working on them."

I call again on Friday to get any updates - still no updates, same excuse about the "parts kit guys".

Monday rolls around and I give them a call, it is at this point that they decide to tell me that the order I placed a week ago, over the phone, which they have already billed my CC for, was being held up because they don't have any of the parts kits in stock. They're on backorder for "maybe a month" and according to the person on the phone, they've been on backorder of the kits for weeks, so they knew it wasn't in stock when I placed the order the week prior.

I'm reluctant to share the name of the company as my order is still pending, and want to give them a chance to try to fix this, IMHO, fucktastic screw up. I'm calling for updates tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm looking for a new source for the same thing, which I'll jump on because this waiting game for something I've already been charged for is pretty stupid and poor customer service.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I called Pam at Centerfire last wed.  Asked about premium Yugo fixed stock kits.  For $178 shipped I got a kit that is as close to 100% as you could dream.  Just a couple of handling dings.  It showed up at my door Thursday afternoon.   Better than decribed, 24 hour delivery, what else could you ask for!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I called Pam at Centerfire last wed.  Asked about premium Yugo fixed stock kits.  For $178 shipped I got a kit that is as close to 100% as you could dream.  Just a couple of handling dings.  It showed up at my door Thursday afternoon.   Better than decribed, 24 hour delivery, what else could you ask for!

Same here. Best Yugo kit I have. Perfect bore.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the Code # for the premium Yugos? I checked out their site and I dont see them advertised. Did you order the dark bore kit? Do they have matching numbers and have they been neutered?
Maybe I should just call Pam
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to call.  They aren't on the web site.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I just called and ordered the parts kit. Thanks for the fast response, everyone.

Oh, and the company that ran the CC before they had product to ship or even an ETA was Ammunitionstore.com
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Update-

I placed a call to Centerfire Systems for one of the excellent Yugo fixed stock parts kits. They said they had some in stock, and then I had the lady on the phone physically verify that they were in stock. She came back and said yes, they're in stock and that they should ship out the next day.

I emailed them yesterday to get a tracking number, and this is what I get back:

Dear Leelaw:

The Yugo kits have not arrived yet but should be here soon.

We apologize for the delay.

I thought I left this bullshit behind when I called to cancel the ammunitionstore.com order after placing the new one with Centerfire.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
What do you need an AK kit for anyways? You live in Cali
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, both you guys need to get out of that state.  Where abouts in CA are you located?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top