Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:44:51 PM EDT
Hi guys,

While assembling my first AK, I had to do a small bit of drilling & griding on my Yugo Underfolder of the rear trunnion and a small bit of the receiver.  The receiver was heat treated before.  Should I re-treat the areas which I ground down, or will I get by OK without doing so?

THanks!

-Norc
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi guys,

While assembling my first AK, I had to do a small bit of drilling & griding on my Yugo Underfolder of the rear trunnion and a small bit of the receiver.  The receiver was heat treated before.  Should I re-treat the areas which I ground down, or will I get by OK without doing so?

THanks!

-Norc

I don't know what you're talking about, but only the trigger and hammer pin holes and ejecter should be heat treated.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
....Leave it alone....Alittle grinding is not going to hurt it...
Unless you got it all cherry red and it spread....But if it is localized....
Milimeters from the grind area...Leave it alone
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
....Leave it alone....Alittle grinding is not going to hurt it...
Unless you got it all cherry red and it spread....But if it is localized....
Milimeters from the grind area...Leave it alone

Yep, pretty much  a few milimeters here and there, but nothing major.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top