Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:07:14 AM EDT
Ok i found a party and am driving a good distance to get there and want to make sure i have EVERY thing i am going to need.  This party is going to have everything to build from flats and do rivets as well.  This will also be my first AK build.  Ill just be building off the basic romy G kits.  I have my kits all demilled, barrels pulled, rivets all punched out.  I have many flats with the 2 rails from Copes.  I have all the compliance parts i need.
It is my understanding that all i need know is the rivits and the Crossmember.
I figure i will get my rivits from EE here:
rivets from EE
Standard AK set includes: (Tantal kits are the same EXCEPT no swell necks for front trunion)
2 each Short swell neck rivets for the front trunion.
4 each Short non-swell rivets for the front trunion.
5 each Short non-swell rivets for the trigger guard.
2 each Long swell neck rivets for the rear trunion.
2 each Metric retaining clips.
He used to have a "Need an extra rivet for the center support on "fold-yer-own" receivers." for 50 cents but now he does not have them anymore.
Or would it be better to go with Copes AK Cross Member Bushing & Rivet Combo that has all the rivits and crossmemebr included for $8.99 but then i woudl need to find the retaining clips.  ANy advice on this or things i am missing would be appreciated.  I do not want to look like an ASS atthe build and more important i want to walk out with a gun  
jimmy
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on how many guys will be there, it often helps to stagger the process. As one guy finishes the part he was doing, have him show the next guy what he just did and how to do it, or have them work in teams of 2, as some processes, such as riviting and barrel pressing seem to often need more than 2 hands. Also, have an experienced building looking around to make sure everything is going right, and that the equipment is being used correctly. It only takes a moment to bend or break a jig or shoot something across the room when using a press. If someone isnt sure what they are doing, make sure they know to ask first before trying to figure it out on their own. Good luck.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top