Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:03:58 PM EDT
The notch at the top and bottom of the large center holes?  

as far as I can tell there is no need on the left because there is no pin on the inside and the pin inside on the right fits inside the trunnion.  

Anybody know anything or have a hypothesis?

I'm sure the notch on the left side is just so the UF parts can be swapped out to the right side for a lefty (like that's ever happened though!)

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:04:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought the same and didn't cut them.  Everything worked out fine on mine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
uf stock
Yes it is needed...It prevents the whole assembly from rotating
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I can see that...

Considering it isn't much to take out, I guess I will- on the right side only though...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I guess I can see that...

Considering it isn't much to take out, I guess I will- on the right side only though...

Thats right...The right side
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
ok.  I cut it...

Now it's ready for a good de-greasing, sand blasting with pool filter sand and then Duracoat!!!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I to understand that the UF parts can be reversed for a lefty?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I was assuming they could but I don't understand how you would the front mount.  The rear would be very easy to reverse but as far as the front goes...

Are you a lefty?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Am I to understand that the UF parts can be reversed for a lefty?

you would have to cut the pin notch in the left side of the trunnion and rec
but i dont see why you couldnt put the button on the other side

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was assuming they could but I don't understand how you would the front mount.  The rear would be very easy to reverse but as far as the front goes...

Are you a lefty?

Yep.  I bought my first AK (Vector Underfolder) a couple of months ago, and though I like the rifle, the sling situation has been bugging me.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top