Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:28:38 PM EDT
I just got finished with my first AK build, a Romo on an ITM receiver with U-drive screws.  Needless to say I have the bug and ordered a Polish UF kit.  What is a easy way to build up this kit?  I haven't seen any 100% receivers for Polish UFs so, I was going to try the coldsteelsolutions 80%er.
Any help or tips greatly appreciated!
TIA
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
ak-builder.com  has the flat on sale right now on his website!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Just use the UF rear trunnion as a template and drill the holes for an UF yourself on a 100% receiver.  It's really not as difficult as it may seem.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got finished with my first AK build, a Romo on an ITM receiver with U-drive screws.  Needless to say I have the bug and ordered a Polish UF kit.  What is a easy way to build up this kit?  I haven't seen any 100% receivers for Polish UFs so, I was going to try the coldsteelsolutions 80%er.
Any help or tips greatly appreciated!
TIA

I just finished one on a standard AKM 1mm Global Trades with out predrilled holes. Just did the same as I did the Romy G I built on an Ewbanks. For both trunions I used the sticky note trick to transfer the hole locations onto the receiver, drilled undersized holes and then dremiled to size. It does take some time but if you go slow it works out fine. The UFs are a bit more work but I like mine.
Goose
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ak builder..hot link..hot link
as for ready to go recivers...I have only seen these and have bought one from him....
Their made by Vulcan and assemble pretty smoothly with only minor tweeking.
UF recivers
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Vulcan is a no-no on the AR side for receivers and from what I've heard, not so good for AKs either.

Had I not had such a problem with GT USA lying to me over and over again, I'd suggest one of their receivers with the UF holes already drilled for you.  It might be an extra $40 or so.  

I spent all afternoon drilling the rear trunnion and UF holes.  I don't know how much money you make, but for me, it would have been cheaper to work OT at the office and then order the receiver with the holes pre-done.  I don't make shit BTW.

Having the UF holes predrilled could help in aligning the trunnion and drilling those holes.  I had to use a tiny bit to drill holes in or near the center of where I thought they should be.  I then used a dremel and diamond bit to enlarge the holes and make them round.  Good thing I did because I didn't line up the trunnion correctly to begin with!  

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Vulcan is a no-no on the AR side for receivers and from what I've heard, not so good for AKs either.

Whats wrong with a vulcan reciver for an AK????
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have heard that Hesse/Vulcan is just a bad company to deal with all around- customer service being a real sore spot with most people.  Noone ever seems to be happy with anything built on their receivers.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't see any AK receivers on the Vulcan Arms website.  That guy on Gunbroker with the Vulcan auction is notorious for high prices.  I have been paying less than $60 for my 100% DCI and ITM AK receivers so, $139 is a little steep.  
Where are the Vulcan receivers listed.  I'd like to have a look
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top