AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:28:04 PM EDT
I ordered the following stuff:

Romy Kit from Tapco w/ G2 trigger and new shepard spring 125.00

US Slant Brake and a US gas piston from Brownells 35.00

Rivet kit from the boards here 7.00

and a Receiver, I think its A DCI? 58.00

Total 225.00 with about 13 dollars shipping on top

From my count I'll have 6 US parts.  Based on all that is there anything I'm forgetting???

-Matt
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the rivet kit include e-clips? and a countersunk rivet to attach the piston?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did the rivet kit include e-clips? and a countersunk rivet to attach the piston?

Shit, I dont know...

I got them from this ad:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=295511

Obviously I got the STD. Fxd. stock kit  But I bought 4 kits because if this goes well, the I plan on building more.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The same guy has the e-clips available separately.  They are listed in the same ad.  $3.00 for six when sold separately, or .20 ea with rivet purchase. You need two per rifle.

I've read that some guys here use a finishing nail to attach the piston.  You just need to put something there so it doesnt unscrew itself.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Hardware shouldnt be a problem.  I've got a pretty good rep. with ACE hardware and I havent come across anythign I couldnt get there...pins nuts and bolts wise that is.

Hell one of the guys who works there builds AK's too
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
maybe I am just retarded but why are you buying the US made slant break, i thought it came with the romy kit. You only need 5 parts if you are not replacing the break (6 if you are). Save the 15 bucks and just use the rommy one. I just checked out the parts kit at tapco and it looks like a rommy slant brake is  included. So counting the G2 TCG (3 Parts), reciever (1 part), and piston (1 part) you got all 5 needed parts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the way I understood it was that regardless of how many us parts you have you can only have a max of 10 import parts.

Thats why I went with the us brake
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand it now. You are right. If you have a muzzle brake or any other muzzle adapter you will then need 6 USA parts. That helps clarify things with me and my future build. Thanks
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top