Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:18:12 PM EDT
Polish AK47 kit with underfolding stock, 7.62 x 39mm, includes 2 mags, sling, bayonet, mag pouch, oil bottle, cleaning kit.   All parts are included except the receiver.
Overall very good condition with excellent bore, with above mentioned accessories, $225.00

Has anybody purchased one of these?
If so, could you post pictures?
What condition was the kit in? (Wood, bore, finish,ect...)
Do they still have them in stock? And how is their service?

Thanks for any Input.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I  ordered one last week. I'll post pics and info when it arrives.  I've heard good things about them. They did say they would try to make sure the numbers matched.  Nice fella I talked to over there. Shipping cost was actual cost... which is a rarity these days.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Worn finish.  Try Dan's  for the best condition kit for the money
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw the pics posted by mykrowyre that he bought from gunthings.com and it looks good but not real impressive.
Does anyone have pics of one from dans ammo? Are they worth the extra money?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
My kit from Dans arrived today.  Look almost brand new!  One small nick in the grip.  Only bad thing is no receiver parts at all to make template from.  

Can anyone point me in the right direction for assembly on the underfolding stock.  I'm scratching my head on this one!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
people are saying the polish finish wears off really easy.
I would refinish it anyways so no big deal if it is worn as long as the parts and barrel are in good shape.
If it comes off so easy worn finish wouldn't really mean the gun is in bad shape.
No need to pay big money for good finish when I would redo it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My kit from Dans arrived today.  Look almost brand new!  One small nick in the grip.  Only bad thing is no receiver parts at all to make template from.  

Can anyone point me in the right direction for assembly on the underfolding stock.  I'm scratching my head on this one!

hr
Look here
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
people are saying the polish finish wears off really easy.
I would refinish it anyways so no big deal if it is worn as long as the parts and barrel are in good shape.
If it comes off so easy worn finish wouldn't really mean the gun is in bad shape.
No need to pay big money for good finish when I would redo it.

Yeah, that comes from a recent thread started by me.  I was VERY pissed to find that Polish AKs finishes are just spraypainted on.  

I was so impressed with my finish for the last 6 months until I sprayed carb cleaner on the gas tube.  

Whoops.  I wouldn't consider carb cleaner a harsh chemical either.  I used 1.5 cans of carb cleaner and removed ALL of the finish from every part of the rifle excluding the stock with NO scrubbing!!

I would only buy a higher grade kit if it means that the wood is not dinged up and there are no gouges in any metal parts.  That's it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would only buy a higher grade kit if it means that the wood is not dinged up and there are no gouges in any metal parts.  That's it!

I agree with that statement 100%.  It is simply not worth any extra $$ for a Polish kit with good original metal finish.  The Polish paint is pure crap.  Having wood in good shape is probably worth a little extra $$ though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, what he said.

That's what I figured. I would remove the finish anyways.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I've stripped every "black" polish kit I had my hands on and  parkerized them. Much nicer finish than the paint.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top