Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:09:00 PM EDT
Just out of curiosity.  I was looking at several receivers, mainly OOW and Firing line that have some sort of large, highly visible logo on them.  If you were to leave the actual name of the company+address+serial number and such untouched would it be legal to remove the big logo?  Maybe silver solder and file it down or such?  Or is it considered part of the original manufacturer ID and therefore an ATF no-no?  I'm going with a Global receiver for my Polish UF so it's not really an issue but I was just wondering.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out what  yurigagarian  said on the following link....
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=82689
I bought me a milled reciver from the firingling and I DON"T like the over grown chicken...
But had other ideas till  ""yurigagarian""educated me...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  That's kind of what I figured.  It's a shame though becouse that big chicken is pretty distracting, and the logo on the OOW receivers is HUGE and UGLY.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check out what  yurigagarian  said on the following link....
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=82689
I bought me a milled reciver from the firingling and I DON"T like the over grown chicken...
But had other ideas till  ""yurigagarian""educated me...

What's posted in that link is a BS answer. There is no requirement for a firearms company to use a logo on their products/ "readily identifiable" or otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's posted in that link is a BS answer. There is no requirement for a firearms company to use a logo on their products/ "readily identifiable" or otherwise.

You're correct. I have my two DCI yugo receivers to prove that. No logos, just the name of the manufacturer and city and state where they are. And the SN of course!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing that needs to stay on a non-NFA firearm is the serial number

Please check out the discussion in this thread for details...   What Markings Are Legally Required?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
i just wanted to chime in with another vote for "the ATF does not require a logo".

go to a gun store and look at all the semimauto pistols.  then look at the frames (receivers).  most will not have a logo.

caspian
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're correct. I have my two DCI yugo receivers to prove that. No logos, just the name of the manufacturer and city and state where they are. And the SN of course!

You beat me to it... I was gonna say look at the receivers from NoDak Spud, they use DCI I believe and they don't have a bunch of extra crap on them.  I haven't gotten one yet, but real soon I am.

No Expert
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top