Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:00:40 AM EDT
I ordered the U.S. furniture from K-VAR and I can't find a pistol grip screw long enough to work with the pistol grip - all of mine are too short.  Anyone know where I can find a screw long enough with the correct metric threads?  

yes, I used the search function before I posted
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess I will have to pony up and order it from K-VAR since nobody locally has one.  I didn't even think that I would need one longer than what I have, or that I wouldn't be able to find one locally.  Oh well, live and learn!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of kit/rifle do you have????Their usally the same length...
I would check the grip for obstructions...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the screw is a 5mmx80 metric. I got mine at sears hardware. 60 cents I think
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can't find a screw in the proper size and length look at the bolts. Round the edges and cut a slot for a blade screw driver.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
could just drill the hole in the grip a little deeper so the screw head stops a bit farther in.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What kind of kit/rifle do you have????Their usally the same length...
I would check the grip for obstructions...

Chinese use a shorter grip and screw.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The grip screw should be a 6mmx1.0 thread and 108mm long. Go to your local jap bike shop and check out their selection. I've been makein' 'em out of the Honda bolts that have an 8mm hex head. Round 'em off with a drill press and file then cut ya a slot with the hacksaw for your flattip screwdriver. There, ya'll got one of my secrets. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The grip screw should be a 6mmx1.0 thread

Yup, that's it.  I just checked.  Got mine at Sears hardware and cut it to length.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top