Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:39:55 PM EDT
My Son is only 4 but you can never plan far enough ahead for Collage and guns...   Here is Garretts AK receiver

http://home.wi.rr.com/schmalts/index.html/keets/AK%20005.jpg
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
now that's the way to think! my 8 yr.old built his first this year, a romy kit on a bent flat... he did most of the work himself(with my guidance) he enjoyed learning about all the parts and even learned how to headspace! I had pics of him building that I posted on another forum...but my wife had a fit so all the pics(at least the ones on the computer) are gone.I have test fired my sons romy build(which isn't pretty,but works) and am just waiting for the weather to break so he can enjoy shooting something that he actually built.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
All of my kids have bent their own.  My son is into it more than my daughters, he is pretty much finished demilling the kit.  Build will begin soon.....

SRM
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet.

How did\how did you do the engraving work?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! You can never start them too early!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
CNC mill......  gotta love it!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top