Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/26/2006 10:32:44 AM EDT
I have built 2 AR-15's, and they really weren't that challenging. Sort of a plug-n-play assembly.

I would like to try an AK build, as there seems to be more machining assembly work involved. A few questions...

I am not a welder, so is there an 80% flat that has the rails (and any other welding) already done?

I understand the compliance parts, but can I build a underfoler AK-47 with a muzzle brake and bayo lug? I just ain't sure I can stick all these on the gun and still maintain the 10 parts rule.

Does the original bolt and bolt carrier need to be modified to be a legal semi?

Or to save everyone alot of trouble is there a good step-bystep website or even video that you could recommend?   Thanks
                                    SS
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
first welcome to the boards
and if you had any trouble "building an ar"
you dont want to build an ak

you wont find a 80% with the rails welded in
but you want a 100% anyway and they will have the rails in (i always tell everyone to start with 100%)

you can build a uf with all that stuff legal no prob

the orig rec is what makes an ak a "MG"  and you wont have it so theres nothan to worrie bout
its not like most rifles where you have to do extra to get it to shoot semi
on an ak you have to do extra for it to shoot f/a

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top