Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:16:07 AM EDT
I remember seeing a receiver flat that had slits cut along the fold line, so it could be folded very easily, but would then have to be welded along the seam...

Anyone know who had these?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
AR15plus.com

Me and a friend got some
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
They're more trouble than they're worth.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Are they that bad?

I have a TIG welder here at work, so I figured it would be fairly easy
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Worked fine for us. Their customer service was decent too (one of them had a problem and the replaced no questions asked).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Run away.  I've done a laser-cut flat and an 80% bent blank from GunsGutsAndGod.  Go with the bent blank.  SOOOO much easier and it worked when I was done with it.  And they're about half the price.  The only good thing about the laser-cut blanks is that if you don't have a welder, it gives you a reason to buy one.  Other than something to practice your welding on, they're a gimmick.  Mine fired, but I had feeding problems and it looked pretty sad.  Bent blank.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top