Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:25:41 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the Nodakspud "economy" AKM receiver?

nodakspud.com/page2.htm

All I have are Romy parts kits, eight of them, and these receivers seem to be set up specifically for them. I do not relish the idea of drilling trunion holes in eight receivers, and was thinking that the "pre-drilled rivet holes for Romanian fixed stock kits" would save a lot of hassle.

However, they also say these receivers don't have a couple of features such as "top rail step-down" and "lower left rail mag guide". I'm a complete noob at this so I am not sure if those are important features or not.

Any input?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Has anyone tried the Nodakspud "economy" AKM receiver?

nodakspud.com/page2.htm

All I have are Romy parts kits, eight of them, and these receivers seem to be set up specifically for them. I do not relish the idea of drilling trunion holes in eight receivers, and was thinking that the "pre-drilled rivet holes for Romanian fixed stock kits" would save a lot of hassle.

However, they also say these receivers don't have a couple of features such as "top rail step-down" and "lower left rail mag guide". I'm a complete noob at this so I am not sure if those are important features or not.

Any input?

Tag
I want to know too
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know when their regular AKM receivers will be ready?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that It is a hump in the upper rail that reduces the area of contact between the carrier and the receiver.  The step down makes the 1.0 mm stamped receiver rail the same thickness as the 1.6mm slot measurement for all AK bolt carriers.

I would guess the lower rail doesn't have the U shaped piece that would hold the magazine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered an Nodak AKM and a Yugo fixed stock receiver from him about a week ago.  They were ready then.  Should be here any day now.  Give him a call, he's a nice guy and will answer any questions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bent up a nodak flat I got this week end . these this are very heavy compared to the tapco flats and are better looking
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that It is a hump in the upper rail that reduces the area of contact between the carrier and the receiver.  The step down makes the 1.0 mm stamped receiver rail the same thickness as the 1.6mm slot measurement for all AK bolt carriers.

I would guess the lower rail doesn't have the U shaped piece that would hold the magazine.

That's correct as I understand it, from the types of receivers I have seen.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait, so is there anything you have to do to these before you use them, or are they ready to go?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]
No need to file the ejector, no lower mag rail to file, holes line up...... sounds ready to go. I may have to order one with my Yugo receiver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies all. I sent off an order for eight of 'em. We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered three of these receivers and when they arrived, they are every bit as good as the rest of the line that DCI makes. I will not buy anything else other than a DCI receiver for any more of the builds that I have left. I sandblasted the receiver in preperation to the moly coat that I am doing right now on the receiver. Everything worked out fine so far. I will press in the barrel tomorrow and complete the remainder of the build. DCI Romy receivers are the best bar none IMHO.

Quoted:
No need to file the ejector, no lower mag rail to file, holes line up...... sounds ready to go. I may have to order one with my Yugo receiver.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
This all sounds good to me.  I'll call in my order tomorrow.  I'm just tired of waiting!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I finished my Romy build on the DCI receiver this morning. My observations are as follows.

1/ DCI Economy receivers have the same selector gap as ITM receivers. No biggie!
2/ DCI Economy receivers are shorter in heigth than the original receiver. You have to trim .050 off the bottom of the front handguard to make it fit. Still no biggie!
3/ DCI Receivers have the rear truion holes just a smige forward. I have a 3/32" gap between the receiver and the raised edge of the rear stock. This can be attributed to the wonderful QC in Romania.
4/ DCI receiver is 100% heat treated, well made and worth  bucks. I have two left to do and I  imagine they will turn out equally as good.
5/ DCI Receivers have almost no mag wiggle, a big plus.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top