Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 6:31:11 PM EDT
I assume that when one builds a krink kit with a can to avoid the SBR status, he must permanently attach the can and not simply thread it on. Must the can be welded? Would drilling a hole and pinning it in place be legally sufficient?

"Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may"

-Mark Twain

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
you need to BLIND pin or silver solder
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What's blind pinning? Sounds like maybe filing/grinding the ends of the pin so it's flush with the can and finishing it with the can? That would be hard to spot.

Thanks SOCA

"I am not an American, I am the American." -Mark Twain
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Blind pinning means the hole does not go all the way through, so the pin cannot be pressed back out from the other side.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
yes what he said
alot of people think it means you cant see the pin but actually it means
the pin gos into a blind hole (and a total pita to remove)
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top