Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:19:31 PM EDT
im building a few yugo underfolder milled kits on laser cut flats and welding the whole shebang together right now and i have a friend that wants to stock up on the first lot of parts kits that he can get his hands on because he thinks that the barrel ban is going to make kits become scarse and expensive. What do yall think. Will parts kits begin to go out of stock soon and do you think that any american companys will start producing ak barrels soon to fill the demand; now that kits cant be imported with them? And do you think that the prices of kits are going to increase due to demand? thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
20 reads and no-one has an opinion on this one? man yall suck. i bet if i said that ak-47's were crappy guns or that i heard from a congressman that they were going to take all of our guns away tomorrow somebody would become informed and get an opinion real quick!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a whole lot of questions in one post, slow the roll popeye. All the answers would be hearsay, The barrel ban and how it would effect us has been a big topic on these threads for quite sometime. US barrels are already supplied with Century's new yugo folder, so yes eventually we will see barrel makers make new barrels for us, but at a high price. My advice would be buy when the buying is hot, you can always sell the kits later on. McM

And for Gods sake pull the damn barrels and squeeze some rivets, welding looks like ass.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Its in my opinion the barrel ban will not effect AK's. My reasoning for this is the ATF deams the WASR-10 as a sporting rifle even tho it has an AKM barrel. It could be a big marketing plot. However, I say this with a closet full of kits. I believe the biggest problem will be SMG kits. I have already gotten a PPsh-41, Sten MK3, and 2 Suomi's. I'd get the SMG's now if you ever wanted to build a semi-version.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Rule #1:  Price kits will ALWAYS go up in value over time.  Look at AMD-65 kits, one year and they already went from $79 to $210+ for a kit.  The old $89 FAL kits are now $300+, and M1919A4 kits have gone from $299 to $399 in a year or two.

As for the barrel ban, don't even worry about it.  Look at the numbers above, and even without the barrel ban kits are a good investment.  Buy some cherry kits on the cheap (like Romaninan AK kits) sit on them for a  couple of years, and sell them for several times what you paid for them.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its in my opinion the barrel ban will not effect AK's. My reasoning for this is the ATF deams the WASR-10 as a sporting rifle even tho it has an AKM barrel. It could be a big marketing plot. However, I say this with a closet full of kits. I believe the biggest problem will be SMG kits. I have already gotten a PPsh-41, Sten MK3, and 2 Suomi's. I'd get the SMG's now if you ever wanted to build a semi-version.

I second that
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top