Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:59:36 PM EDT
Just got a Yugo underfolder kit , I thought these Yugo's had a thicker front trunion.  hence the receiver with the front bulge.My kit has what appears to be a regular thickness (1mm) receiver. flip up front and rear night sights. All #s match . Anyone have any info on the the correct receiver for this kit? Any info/history on this kit? Barrel is in excellant + conditon Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
does it still have the bulge on the front trunion?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No it does not. It is flat like all the other AKs  Well its a nice kit, but I was looking for the one with the bulge in the front so I could build it one of the DCI receivers (1.6mm). Still has peices of torch cut receiver on it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, the very early yugo M70's where standard type (non bulged) trunion guns and where built using a more standard style AKM reciever.

there is also the possibility that it was originally a milled reciever gun(although i can't really say that i ever knew of yugoslavia making milled reciever underfolders)

you could more than likely find someone on the EE to swap you a kit with the bulged trunion for your kit

hope this helps

camaro
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No it does not. It is flat like all the other AKs  Well its a nice kit, but I was looking for the one with the bulge in the front so I could build it one of the DCI receivers (1.6mm). Still has peices of torch cut receiver on it.

I would keep it and buy another the ones without the bulge are more rare
I was hopeing to get standard one (centrfire kit) but the kit I got is better than the sa-85 that are going around
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top