Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:32:35 PM EDT
I welded it back up and nursed it through the rest of the front trunnion rivets.  I was able to add a lot of weld to the sides of the jaw since making it thicker didnt change the clearence needed.
 I could not get the  rearward lower swell head rivets to sink in the receiver good. What is the trick to this?   This will be an underfolder so i have plenty more swell heads to do on this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I broke mine too.  Welded it up just like you did.  I think it's stronger now.  I tryed to break it again and couldn't.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you dimple the receiver  for the swell necks?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
i snapped a set of 18" and 36".  My latest pair of 36" is holding strong.

I think the 18" were too thin where i gorund them down.  I think the first set of 36" got a little hot when i was grinding.  Me last set, i quenched every few seconds to keep the temp to where i could hold them in my hand comfortably.

caspian
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
most of the time they snap, is because they've been bottomed out on the trunnion, they'll still work fine though after you weld them up, I snaped mine, welded them up and have done four kits with them since.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I broke my 18" set on the first rivet.
I fabbed up a 24" set and have not had a problem since.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top