Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 8:11:05 PM EDT
Has anyone used the drive screws in the rearmost hole in the front trunion? In the stickeyed thread at the top I see everyone using a regular screw or a rivet there.  Can I do this build entirely with drive screws (excepting the trigger gaurd)?

Thanks!

P.S. what's everyone's favorite place to get US compliance parts? I've got a U.S. made brake but need the trigger setup, gas piston and pistol grip, I think...?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You can do all your holes with drive screws if you get them big enough.  It just so happened that the ones I had were too small to do the rearmost holes in the trunnion so I used screws.  
As for US compliance parts you might want to check out Midwest Armory.  I think that he has a special that if you buy a Tapco G2 fire control group and a US made pistol grip the grip only ends up costing like $2.00.  As long as you have your brake, fire control group, pistol grip and receiver you are all set for US parts and don't need the piston.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Perfect aswer sir. I haven't drilled out the rivets in my trunion, just ground 'em flat. Hopefully it'll work out.

Thanks for the info on the US parts too. I'll probably go with that deal.

So guys who are getting a new gas piston are using the original pistol grip? I'd like to but for starters I don't mind using a black USA one. As long as it's not one of the "SAW" grips, which I can't abide. he
Thanks again sir!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use either the single or double hook.  The only issue you may have with the double hook is that your receicer may only have a single hook cut and you will have to file/dremel a second slot for the double hook.  So maybe it would just be best to go with the single hook fire control group.  The pistol grip that Midwest Armory is selling in that combo is the Yugoslavian style which is a pretty cool unique looking grip.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL! Man you're fast.

Couldn't ask for better service than I've received tonight. Thanks again!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LOL! Man you're fast.

Couldn't ask for better service than I've received tonight. Thanks again!  

I am bored, and am more than happy to help anybody who is interested in building their own AKs.  I am killing time until I go to bed and I keep checking my topics that I have posted in.  Good luck with your build.  Any time you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them, after you use the search button.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top