Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:51:03 PM EDT
i was wondering if i built a ak-47 or bought a newly manurfactured one from another state and then tracked down all the US compliance parts and put them on my ak so it would comply with the 10 or less law, would it then be legal to own in califonia.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
doubt it
and in cali from what i heard its a felony to have a evil "assault" riffle
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
yea i think it's more of an issue about the gun being able to accept hi-capacity magazines, so even if you had all the U.S. made parts (which you need no matter where you are) it'd still be a no-go
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to buy an "off list"  AK receiver and build it up with a 10 round, fixed mag.  Go to :
calguns.net for all the info.  AR lowers are being brought into the state as well.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]
or buy an off list ak, and build it up like a saiga with

no pistol grip, no threaded barrel, no flash hider, no bayonet lug, no folding stock, and no grenade launcher.

but with detachable (10 round) mags. (and start looking for some cali-preban ak mags)

fixed 10 round mag lets you have two evil features (most poeple choose pistol grip for one)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
im still a little confused, what exactly is a offlist ak , if it allows me to have one in cali legaly its worth it to me to buy one. does anyone know a place where i can buy a off list ak, or where i canfind off list ak parts.

thanks for all your help
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
but with detachable (10 round) mags. (and start looking for some cali-preban ak mags)

No such thing.

If you didn't own it when the ban went into effect in cali in 2000, you can't buy it legally, regardless of when it was made.  Of course, they have no way of knowing whether you owned a mag before or after the ban...let's just say I know a lot of folks in Cali who like the Vegas gun shows.

And you're right about the off-list thing.  Basically, you can build an AK that in no way resembles an AK.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top