Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/10/2006 1:05:23 PM EDT
they dont seem to have the bulged front trunnion  like the yugo that i have, has.

do they serve a function?

I wish i could do a search for further back than 30 days, sorta limits all my searches for information.

So right now im looking at Tapco Flats, DPH ? which i think are tapco? dont know.

then im looking at buying one complete 100% receiver, to have the correct holes and such from http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm They have the complete yugo receiver.

Someone give me a yell out on what i should be using here for receiver flats. and prebents.

Also, my FCG looks different than all the Fire control groups i see on the internet.. it has a swivel hook on the end of it, that has a quarter inch of movement

Am i supposed to use that? or replace it with a "double hook" style? atliest i assume its part of the FCG.

Also does anyone know a site to pick up the AK- BUild book? or something ,  a good manual on Assembling the AK etc. I have one for my AR-15's and m1 carbines but none for my AK.

Need something i can be looking at while in my workshop, cant be running back and forth to websites

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure I totally understand your question, but here goes. Currently nobody (that I'm aware of ) has a flat for the yugo M70. You have basically 2 choices: Buy a 100% receiver from Harlan and Mike at Nodak Spud, or buy an 80% receiver from cold steel. As fire as the fire control group you just need to buy a standard Tapco single or double hook (depending on your preference) from DPH, or Midwest armory or whoever.
I would not waste my time buying any kind of build books. There is enough information on this site and gunco to do a build without problems.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks!

I was wondering about the flats. and you answered that . thanks :)

i guess ill be ordering some 80% bent ones instead.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
when people first start building they think well kool i can build my own rec
and not do paperwork

take it for someone who knows IT ISNT WORTH IT

just get yourself a 100% rec from dci
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
link? appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
No link here, but I will second buying fro nodakspud/DCI. Google nodakspud, that is who youhave to order through. They were polite, answered all my stupid questions, and updated on order status. Delivered in the exact time frame they estimated. Great guys to deal with. HarlenNDS is the guys screen name here. You will be happy with their product. Starting with a good receiver should make the project easier.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
when people first start building they think well kool i can build my own rec
and not do paperwork

take it for someone who knows IT ISNT WORTH IT

just get yourself a 100% rec from dci

Just as always candyman, I am going to have to disagree with you.  Take it from someone else that knows...  Go ahead and bend your own receivers or buy a bent blank and build to your heart's content.  I personally have never used a 100% receiver and in fact have fabricated my own receivers out of sheet steel that I bought at my local hardware store.  Nothing is impossible.  I agree that building an AK from a 100% receiver may be the easiest way to go, but if you aren't necessarily looking for the easiest way then by all means build your own receiver.  And if you want, after you bend your own receiver cut and weld that son of a bitch to make it fit a bulged Yugo trunnion if that's what you want to do.  The most important part of building your own is to remember that nothing is impossible, no matter what anybody tells you.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top